Sunday, December 30, 2007

Dumbledore's Pensive

I was just thinking about the pensive when I googled on it and found this on the net:

I am looking for a real world equivalent of Dumbledore's pensive.For those who don't read Harry Potter, it's a magical object that can be used to store memories. In Rowling's story, wizards can remove a thought from their mind, and keep it in storage. That leaves them with a clear, fresh mind to concentrate on more pressing matters.I could do with one of these right now. I have several important choices in lifestyle and career to make, whilst also facing some challenges in my current job. I find that my inability to block out thoughts from the larger decisions affects my concentration when working on lesser tasks. I am learning patience with my bigger challenges, as they have a relatively long cycle. But i would like to get on with other jobs while they unfold.I wonder if there are some mental techniques that could help. I am already using a diary, writing one or two entries a week. I do a healthy amount of exercise and am blessed with great friends who can listen and give counsel. It would be nice to have a magical pensive. But in the real world, I would be happy to settle for whatever mental exercise that would be recommended. In fact, I expect that the solution, if there is one, would involve a fair bit of effort and practice.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah I have one. It's simpler than Yoga and all. Check it here. If you're interested even in the slightest, contact me at akshaypande1989@yahoo.co.in

    www.bruno-groening.org

    It works for me, all the time. And not just keeping calm, about solving life problems, sitting back and enjoying life! No kidding!

    ReplyDelete