Friday, June 15, 2007

An eye match

I boarded the metro for union station washington dc ... or should i say i boarded the eyes of that beautiful girl in the green dress ...I sat down on the seat ... my eyes sat down in hers ... sitting opposite me but quite far away ... let us say on the coach was this damsel wid blonde hair .. and beautiful green eyes ... wearing a polka dotted skirt ... which unfortunately was quite upto the kness ..
p.s. the average skirt length in the usa in summers is the miniskirt ... so a skirt upto the knees is a quite long skirt ..

At first our eyes just grazed pass each other .. but that was not enough .. I decided to be naughty .. I continuosly stared into her eyes wid a smug expression .. an expression which meant that I know you'll look the other way ...However I realized that this is not India where the bhartai nari is supposed to be sharmele ...lol ... excuse me girls who consider themselves to be very modern and forwardlooking yet still look away when a guy stares at u ...

Hence I was in for a tough eye match with neither side in the mood for relenting .. eyes did look the other way .. but only for a galnce .. again to stare at each other ...

a strange kind of enjoyment filled me ... to flirt wid sum1 totally unknown in a strange land .. that too without a word...i thought of a one night stand ... however my mind promptly reminded me of my committments ... and after all the journey and the anticipation of the reward is much more important than the reward itself !!!
I was reeling in such thoughts when ...


the climax .. her winning streak .. SHE WINKED !!! ... it wasnt just CHECK it was straight CHECKMATE !

She winked and I lost ... firstly coz I wasnt sure that she actually did it .. so I didnt wink back .. and secondly coz by the time I realised it when I saw her laughing it was too late ... quite dissapointed I gladly realised that my station had come .. quite surprusingly I also saw her getting up ...decided that it was my chance to get back I let her go ahead of me ... up the escalator ...
the escalator was abt a 5min journey ... (im not exaggerating ...its really long here )...

and during those 5 min my eyes were constantly on her.... she turned and caught my eye ... and quickly got away .... she got the message ..U WON BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN IM LOST

and then in those thoughts of that girl in the green dress I boarded the bus for home ...

10 comments:

  1. ha ha that was funny.

    however, the girl (and i'm not talking bhartiya naari) in me is irritated. the one you say is "modern", but still doesn't stare back at a guy.

    is being modern staring back at a guy?

    isn't it being free enough and aware enough to make your own choices, the most logical of which (to me) is deciding that a lecherous and/or vela soul is just not worth your attention?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ scooby doo

    so is that the best solution ...
    just to ignore ... but then plz girls ... dont u dare complain that boys keep on staring at u !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well from that point of view, staring back is no solution either, coz you're only instigating more lecherous behaviour!

    i never suggest that girls come to blows like guys do, over trivial things, so i really don't see another way out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to intrude!
    Abhimanyu-- hat's off-- your writing has honesty as well as panache! You've honestly represented yourself as a cocky, dashing Johnian, AND written a fast-moving, suspenseful story with panache ;p

    *still trying to decide whether i just complimented you or poked fun* :-s

    uhmm... great going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ ko

    u r more than welcome to intrude .... specially u being a carmelite ... u have full rights to keep an eye on the johnians ..;)


    and yes i took the comment as a compliment ... so keep commenting

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautifully written..got me hooked till the end .. :)
    u got great observation skills :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. "anitcipation of reward is much more important than reward itself" and "u won but that doesn't mean i m lost" were seriously good line to increase the sentiments that develeoped while going throught the words of 'An eye match'.

    I already asked you for gymming man... and now it's compulsory if you want a successful glance with a stranger in your life.

    [:)]

    This is really a nice post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. first of all .... awesome piece! kept me hooked til the end.

    i have a slightly different opinion here though....

    some ( u especially ) might view your PERSEVERENCE as "u won but that doesn't mean i m lost" ;) . i view it as " you won.i'm glad. i was actually hoping you would coz im a first timer in US and DESPERATELY wanna lose......."
    ;) ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @nothing

    Firstly ... thanx

    Secondly ... lol. I could partly agree on that occasion.

    ReplyDelete